Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just an update...

Well.... Gayle and I didn't get our Daytripper bags finished yesterday so we'll be working on them again tomorrow. We're just starting the lining so we should have finished bags by the end of the day.

In the meantime, I want to show you what Jane is working on. She will donate this quilt, when it's finished, to her sister's church group to be put up for auction. She's already devoted many, many hours to it and plans on spending more time till she get it to a place where she feels it's finished.

 
Jane had it lying on the driveway in the sun to see just how much "sparkle" it had, and that's where this photo was taken. You can kinda see scale/size in relation to my shoes.




These detail shots show just how much work Jane has put into this quilt already. I wish you could all see it in person since my pics simply don't do it justice.

This type of art quilt making intrigues me. To just go with a "vision" until it's finished is a totally foreign concept for me, and I admire it greatly. And, then to give it away... how very generous!!

Take care,

2 comments:

Kar said...

The quilt is a gorgeous piece of art. Beautiful!

HollyM said...

It is beautiful and exuberant! I love the layers of fabric she used. She is very generous!