I spent the day yesterday printing the pattern and taping it together, then cutting the main fabric, lining, interfacing, and Soft & Stable for the Daytripper bag that I'm going to be making on Tuesday with my friend Gayle. It took me the better part of the day since there are a lot of pieces and they must be cut using scissors rather than the rotary cutter.
After I made the first one (which was the larger of the two versions included in the pattern) I told myself I might not be making another. It's not difficult exactly, but I had added an extra layer (that would make three) of Soft & Stable since I wanted to use the bag for my camera and needed the additional padding that would provide. That just made it a little tricky and not quite as much fun. You know how having fun is my major goal in life right now.
Anyway, I had a change of heart and this time I'm leaving out the extra layer of Soft & Stable and I'm making the smaller version. And, I'm looking forward to it!