Sunday, April 01, 2012

Got strips?

I do. I mentioned the other day that I have a million "clean-up cut" strips. Well, I don't have a million but I do have lots and lots of them. I started looking around my studio/sewing room and noticed that I also have piles of strips in several different locations in addition to all the strips that are hidden away in bins.


In the basket above and the bag below there are many, many "clean-up" cuts stuffed very tightly. If I dumped them all out on the floor they would make a huge pile. Sometimes I do that just for fun and to see some of the older fabrics that are buried on the bottom.


I've got piles of 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" strips and some polka-dot strips that are less than 1". All just waiting for the right project to come along.





Can you tell what a messy state my room is in?

I have been thinking about make this Scrappy Bargello quilt. Right now I'm loving all the "scrappiness" around blogland. I just need mindless sewing right now and that fits the bill. I'm still working on my Scrappy String and won't start anything new (other than mug rugs) till I get that done.

9 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

These pictures are breathtaking! The colors are just beautiful! I LOVE fabric!!! Can't wait to see what you do with these. I've always wanted to make a spider web quilt but so far have not accomplished that.

Happy Sewing!

p.s. I could live in your sewing room. Ah, the fabric!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your Scrappy String quilt! It looks like you certainly won't run out of beautiful strings any time soon. The bag you keep some of them in is really cute!

Sally said...

I don't have string type strips. But--I do have three huge plastic bins (the type with the large holes in it, from Walmart) filled with scraps. They do get rummaged through from time to time, but I just can't fathom tossing them out. 'Cause you never know...

Sally said...

Oh--did you make the strip bag that some of them are in? Great idea!

HollyM said...

I love your scrappy string! The black and white is what does it for me. And, your new banner is really pretty too.
I've been in the habit of cutting up squares ofq different sizes from my scraps, but I'd like to start cutting more strips.

Kar said...

Just thinking of all the wonderful projects you can make with those gorgeous strips makes one smile.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your colorful strips look so much more fun than the neutral strips I've been working with.

Diane J. Evans said...

LOVE the dotted strips! If you get tired of looking at them, would you consider selling them to a willing buyer????

Diane

Mina said...

Wow, I would love to have your problem. Those fabrics look great!