Monday, September 15, 2008

I don't usually take photos of food or share recipes online, but I'm going to make an exception this time. My husband just loves this tuna casserole. I mean, he looooovvvveeeeesssss it! It is good and since I don't love casseroles, I feel OK saying that. I got the recipe from a friend years ago and have been using it ever since. It's simple and satisfying, especially when served with some french bread, a glass of wine, and a cold slice of watermelon!


Here's the recipe:

2 cans tuna
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 small can diced chiles
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 cup (or a little more) grated cheese
1 1/2 cup peas (I use frozen and they work great, fresh would be even better)
2 cups cooked noodles (your preference, but I use Fusilli)
Cayenne pepper to taste

Stir all ingredients together in a bowl and then transfer to your baking dish. Bake for 45 mins (or until top just barely starts to brown) at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!

No comments: