Friday, January 19, 2018

Shawls, a finished hat, and the start of socks...

I've managed to block all the rest of the shawls that I made between October and December 2017. These are all made from the same pattern... the Forget Me Not Shawl pattern by Adrienne Ku. It's easy to knit and it's a pretty "fabric" when finished. I used sock yarn scraps for all three of these shawls and just combined as I went along.

Here's the first:


The darker shade is a dark purple, although it might almost look black in the photo. It looks purple IRL.

Here's the second:


... and here's the third one:

Forgive the photos on this one... irl the shawl is much brighter, more blue, more green, and more magenta... if that makes any sense. I'll take outdoor photos and I'm sure they will look more realistic when I take the "pretty" photos of all five so I can list them for sale in my etsy shop. My husband is going to take them into his workplace first so maybe I won't be listing all five. :)

The Liatris Hat is finished and I'm quite happy with it! It's a beret-style and looks cute when it's on. Too bad I don't have a model for the photos! :)




Last, but not least, I started a new pair of socks. The Go With The Flow sock pattern. I've made it before, it's easy to knit, and an interesting design. The yarn is BMFA STR Lightweight colorway Pop Rocks. They're going to be pretty!

Happy Weekend!

Take care,








Started 2018 with UFO projects: 22
New YTD: 2
Gave away YTD:0
Trashed/dismantled YTD:
Sold unfinished UFOs YTD:0
Finished YTD:1
So far 2018: 23

3 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

All I can say is, "Bless your energy" as well as your talent -- these are beautiful -- it's a good time to sell them on Etsy because they'll be wonderful in this cold weather!

Diane

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your shawls are beautiful! I'm not overly fond of blocking so I tend to delay doing it. So satisfying when it is done! Beautiful color of yarn!

Sally said...

Congratulations on getting these done. Love the shawls and socks. Sadly, the sock pattern is no longer available. Sally