Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Jelly Roll Race going Plaid!

I'm not sure I've ever gone this long without posting, but honestly I have not felt like writing anything. What I have been doing is working on this UFO project as well as another ongoing project (consisting of finished units).

This quilt has been fun actually, even though when I dragged it out to work on it I was less than thrilled. I got into it as time progressed and now it's turning out to be one of my favorite quilts.

I originally made a Jelly Roll Race quilt out of scrappy, 2 1/2 inch strips of different lengths. They were basically left over from other projects and when I finished it I didn't care for it and stuck it into the UFO pile. When I got it out again to work on, I decided to treat the quilt top as fabric and cut it into 9 1/2" blocks. I happened to be looking at Karla Alexander's book, Color Shuffle, at the time and liked the Plaid Passions pattern... so my quilt is based loosely on that pattern, although I made it narrower because I like "banner" size so I can hang it on my wall.

I've got it basted (and the pins are closed) now and I'm getting ready to start quilting it. I'm going to do a plaid quilting design... should be easy and I think it will look great with the quilt.

Take care,







I started 2017 with UFO projects: 32
I have found (buried in my sewing room and elsewhere in the house) YTD:0
I have started YTD: 1 ongoing project (composed of 33 units as of 3/22/17)
I have given away UFO projects YTD:0
I have thrown out or otherwise dismantled YTD: -1
I have sold unfinished UFO projects YTD:0
I have finished YTD: -1 ongoing project (composed of 33 units as of 3/22/17)
Projects remaining YTD: 31

5 comments:

Sally said...

I love it. Anxious to see if finished. Daughter wants a quilt for her bed but I am not motivated...

So nice to see this post. Sally

Edith said...

Wow Terri, what a great idea, I might want to copy this idea. I do like making the jelly-roll race, but sometimes feel it's just a little too simple, nice way to fancy it up. I can see why it has become one of your favourites.

Mystic Quilter said...

A super colourful quilt, beautiful fabrics in there Terri. Now U thought I had a number of projects on the go but you beat me with31!

Diane J. Evans said...

This is so YOU! It's going to be fantastic -- and good for you for tackling those pesky UFOs.

Vicki W said...

This is the first JRR quilt that I've seen that I liked and I like it a lot!