Tuesday, February 02, 2016

It was cold today!!

On Tuesdays, our mini-group meets at Jane's house from 10-4pm. We sew/quilt in her garage, which has basically been coverted to a sewing studio... large enough to accommodate 6 or 7 of us. It's wonderful sitting outside to sew, but today I have to admit that it was c-o-l-d. My feet still have not warmed up.


I took this photo in Jane's backyard of the latest pair of socks I finished (my 2nd finish this year). I liked the idea of using the rocks to contrast the socks. This yarn is the new Australian Merino wool sold at Joanns. I have been wanting to try it since I first saw all of the beautiful, muted colors it comes in. It's 8-ply and it knits up beautifully, but it's easy to separate the strands as you knit. The socks feel wonderful to the hand, but I haven't worn them yet so don't know how they will wear and/or stretch. For $14.99 a skein (and it takes two for a pair of socks), I'm not sure I recommend it. If you can get each skein for 40% or 50% off, then it's a good deal.

Karen brought another of her embroidery quilts to ahare with us today. We still all marvel at just how quickly she does the embroidery, but also gets the quilt completed. This is just the top, but I guarantee you that it will be quilted within the month.







Those blocks are adorable and look at all the embroidery on them!! That's a lot of work!!

Take care,

2 comments:

Sally said...

Love your socks and the embroidered blocks. Let us know your final report on the yarn for the socks.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

That is so lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla