Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Friends, bags and a recipe recommendation...

I have wonderful friends as you already know, but every now and then I'm reminded again. They are thoughtful and kind, intelligent and fun, and, they are creative and talented!! I know I'm very lucky and I love making bags for them.

Speaking of wonderful friends and making bags, this was made for one of them. She has great taste in fabric (which means, of course, that I like everything she picks) and she provided me with a stack of great choices to use for this bag. I didn't use them all, but I tried to use as many as I could.

Anyway, it's a Caravan Tote by Noodlehead! It's a very adaptable pattern and can be made in a sophisticated palette or wild and crazy like this one!


This next photo shows the back of the bag.

These next two show the top recessed zipper (which is custom) and the inside pocket...

And, this one shows the pocket within the front zipper pocket! Clever, isn't it?



Well, now that you've seen it, what do you think?  Didn't she have some great fabrics?

Oh... if you've read this far, I've got a suggestion for you. I made this Blueberry Galette over the weekend and it barely lasted a day. It is sooo good... one of the best things I've made in a while and I've made some good stuff lately. :) I recommend you try it. Use fresh blueberries and substitute sour cream for the ricotta. It's heavenly.  

Take care,

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a great bag!

Rosa said...

So beautiful and love your colorful fabric choice.!

floribunda said...

Great bag -- love the use of the fabrics! And I've liked almost everything I've made from Smitten Kitchen, so I'll have to put that galette on my list...

Mystic Quilter said...

Certainly beautiful fabric and a great looking bag!

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Love it'!!