Saturday, March 28, 2015

Our weekend...

We had a very lovely weekend and I was sorry to see it end. I enjoy these "simple" kinds of weekends where it just feels good to be alive.

We spent Saturday afternoon at the original Farmer's Market (3rd and Fairfax) in LA. It's been well over 20 years since I was there last and my husband had never been. Isn't that amazing? We take these local attractions for granted because we know we can visit them anytime. Anyway, it's just as I remembered... lots of good places to eat and lots of places to shop for groceries, produce and gift items. We had sandwiches at Magee's Kitchen and ice cream cones at Bennett's Ice Cream and then we took a walk through the Grove, which is just next door. And, just so you won't think that life is perfect out our way... the drive down and the drive back weren't without traffic, but unfortunately we're fairly used to that. It's rare when there isn't any traffic.



This trolley runs the length of the Grove in a loop. It's the same feeling there as being at Disneyland. It's an amusement park without any other rides, but it does have great shopping and the people watching is entertaining too! :)


I'm not sure I would make the trip just for the shopping at the Grove, since shopping is not one of my favorite things to do, but combining it with the Farmer's Market made it lots of fun!

Sunday afternoon, we drove north to the Channel Islands Harbor farmer's market - a much, much smaller farmer's market than Saturday's - where we found some beautiful red chard, celery and the best carrots!! It was such a lovely day weather wise and it felt good to be outside. Then a ride home along the beach. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful area of the state.

I was just thinking about how long I've been blogging and how much it's changed in that time. I started blogging in June 2006 - almost 9 years ago - and at that time it was a new and exciting thing. The world of technology didn't feel nearly as crowded as it does now. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram... they all compete for what little free time we have. I used Google Reader to bookmark many wonderful blogs and read them all - and, in those days, I had the time to leave comments. I still have them all bookmarked (via Feedly and Bloglovin) and have even added more to the list. But sadly, I rarely get a chance to read them all, let alone comment. Blogs are still my favorite medium though. They're like reading a beautiful magazine only you don't have to wait a month for the next edition. 

Take care,

1 comment:

Kar said...

Farmers markets are always a great place to go to. Sounds like your trip was a great one. : )