Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sex in a pan!

This is such a wonderful time of year, isn't it? All the fun parties, good food, and great friends!

We are having are holiday pot luck at quilting today with a handmade gift exchange. It should be very exciting and different since we usually do a dollar store gift exchange and although that is lots of fun this will be better. I can almost guarantee it! As you know there is a lot of talent in our quilting group of 20-22 gals. I'll try to get photos of some of the gifts, but if I don't it's because I'm having too much fun!!

Anyway, I went through my usual process of trying to decide what to make/take. After several other options, I decided on this...


I used fusible fleece in this boxy pouch and it's nice and sturdy and keeps it shape quite well, even when empty. It's an Amy Butler fabric and I think it might appeal to more in our group than the two that I've made since, which helped in the decision making process. It will be fun to see who ends up with it at day's end.

We play that game where each gift may be stolen up to three times. I can't remember what it's called, but it is soooo much fun if you have a good group of people who are not too timid to steal.



I used Philip Jacobs fabrics for both of the more recent bags and even though they are a bit smaller than the first one, they are still a great size. I quilted the fabric using batting (rather than fusible fleece) before assembling and I like the way they turned out. They'll both be in the shop in a couple of days.


And, then there is all that wonderful food. We never assign categories so we all bring what we want and usually we have a very balanced selection of items. Everyone is a great cook so it's a real treat to try everything (and collect recipes)!!

For the pot luck, I'm taking Sex in a Pan. I've made it for years (since 1975) and always knew it as plain ole chocolate pie. Just recently, I've discovered that it's called Sex in a Pan. A much more interesting name for sure, but it doesn't change the fact that this is one of the BEST desserts out there. It's not fancy, it's just really, really good! The recipe was originally given to me by a good friend at the time, a very good Mormon girl, which explains, I think, why she referred to it as chocolate pie! :)

Take care,

No comments: