Thursday, August 21, 2014

Comfort sewing...

I got both BB Traveler Bags completed on Saturday to the point where all they needed to be called finished was the binding. I had hoped to have them both finished before today, but I hadn't had the time until this afternoon. So... one is now done - just finished a half-hour ago - and the other needs only to have the binding sewn down my hand. Yippee! Photos to come tomorrow or Saturday.

I made two alterations to this bag pattern that I think are very necessary. I interfaced the strap and made it longer by 6 inches so it could be worn crossbody comfortably and I used a Magnetic Snap. Much, much better with the snap and that will be an addition on every BB Traveler bag I make from now on.

And, since I was given the unexpected gift of additional time late Saturday afternoon, I sat down and made another Zip & Go. It is truly comfort sewing for me as I've made so many, I think I could do it in my sleep. It's such a great pattern!








I love the way this one turned out!!

Take care,

4 comments:

Terry said...

I love that bag...it came out great! :0)

Sally said...

Another gorgeous one!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful fabric - looks like Jane Sassaman to me.

Quiltdivajulie said...

And yours truly, the very lucky recipient of this just-gifted bag, LOVES it! Thank you for all the little things you did to make it SO wonderful!!!