Monday, June 16, 2014

We had a nice day and plans for my week...

We had a pretty quiet Father's Day since both of our fathers are gone and we don't have children. It was nice, actually, to have a relaxing day to kick back and do what we wanted to do. I made a new-to-me crock pot recipe which filled the house with great smells all day long (so my DH says since I can't smell) and tasted absolutely wonderful!!! I also got to spend some time in my sewing room making a gift bag (Zip & Go) for one of my special blog friends. I suspect she'll know who she is and why I'm sending it when she reads this post. The clue is the fabric! :) Thank you!!!!


My hydrangea's are really starting to fill out with blooms. I love this time of year since they lose all their leaves in the winter... they look so pretty. And, since I can't get peonies to grow/bloom here these are the next best thing.


Tomorrow some of the gals from our quilting group (since we're not having our regular meeting), me included, are taking a field/road trip to Buellton to visit Creation Station and then we'll stop by Roxanne's on our way back home. Doesn't that sound like fun? Then, it's back to Jane's house on Thursday.

Take care,

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your hydrangeas are AMAZING!

Vicki W said...

Oh wow! I just got home from vacation and found this in my mailbox! What a great surprise. Thank you so much. I know I will get lots of use from it because it's a perfect size for me. What a happy day!