Thursday, April 17, 2014

Multi-Tasker Tote...

I'm in the process of making a Two-zip Hipster, exactly like the one I made for myself, for a friend who requested it. But, while I've been waiting for the ordered fabric/supplies necessary to arrive, (I'm still waiting on interfacing) I needed something easy to work on in class last Thursday and this bag seemed the perfect thing since ironing the fabrics, applying fusible batting, and cutting out the pattern pieces wouldn't require too much concentration. Our classroom is a hectic environment with 22 of us sewing on different projects. There's lots of visiting, sharing and laughter - lots and lots of laughter! It's a fun-filled day to be sure and I go home pretty pooped.


I've had the pattern, the Multi-Tasker Tote by Anna Maria Horner, for quite awhile and had my fabrics all picked out so it was easy to grab on Thursday morning and go.


I'm always surprised at how much time it actually takes to make compared to how much time I think it will take to make!!  Anyway, I was able to get it completed over the weekend and I'm very happy with it.

 

I took these shots on Tuesday while at my mini-group. The girls had fun "staging" my bag  to see which location looked the best. I couldn't decide so you get to see them all.

Today we don't have class since it's Spring break, so we're taking a "field trip" to a couple of local quilt shops. How fun!

Take care,

5 comments:

Sally said...

Looks so summery! And have a great time on your field trip.

Millie said...

What an awesome bag and your fabric selections are just yummy!

Unknown said...

What a great bag - love the fabrics - perfect for spring and summer.

ChrisW Designs said...

GREAT job! Your fabrics really POP!

Ren said...

So bright and cheerful! Thanks for linking up at Inspired Us Thursdays on www.theinspiredwren.com.