Monday, October 14, 2013

Midnight at the Oasis QAL and I won some fabric!

I did accomplish a few things this weekend and it felt great. I got two (of four) quilts pin-basted before I ran out of pins. I could have finished the other two if I had wanted to go buy more pins, but I didn't want to leave the house. The Fractured and the HST quilts were the ones I basted, and I'm going to start quilting the Fractured first.

In the meantime, because I don't have enough other quilts and UFOs to keep me busy, I joined the Midnight at the Oasis QAL hosted by Sharon at Fabrics & Flowers and Jess at The Elven Garden.


Here you can see just some of the mess I've got piled around my sewing room as I was picking fabrics for this quilt. I finished all four "pieced triangles" of the center block and now have to sew the setting triangles and the circle thing in the middle of the block. Kinda fun, I have to say!
.

I was also the lucky winner of Vicki's drawing last Monday for a FQ of her hand-dyed fabric. Every Monday she picks a winner from the participants of the previous Friday's Fractured QAL. The odds are pretty good everyone will win eventually since there aren't millions doing the QAL. Thank goodness, or I would never win! :)) I'm not just being negative... I'm just not lucky that way! Except this time, and look at that gorgeous fabric!!



I loved the little packet Vicki sent which included a perfect-for-a-quilter greeting card, her business card, a pad of sticky notes and that wonderful fabric. Thanks Vicki - I love it and I'll definitely put it to very good use.

Take care,

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Midnight at the Oasis come together! I can see a peek of your triangles and am wondering what you'll be using for the background of the center square.

Vicki W said...

I'm glad you like the fabric and your Oasis quilt looks like a fun one!

Sally said...

Lucky you! You hardly ever stop sewing, do you?

Mystic Quilter said...

I love your fabric from Vicki! Lucky you. What a busy bee you are at the moment.
I too had better get busy selecting fabrics for Midnight at the Oasis - methinks I may need a few more pieces, a lot of my fabrics are Kaffe Fassett Collective and they really qren't quite the thing for this quilt. I feel a quilt shop visit coming on!

Sharon said...

So happy you are doing Midnight with us! Excited to see your fractured quilt, too. That is a neat pattern

HollyM said...

So nice to see you having such fun with your quilting! This next one looks to be an exceptional one!
I love your colors as always!

Shelley said...

Ooohh I love that pattern! So tempting to jump in and quilt along, but I've really, really got to stop starting new things!! I'm excited to watch yours come together :)