Friday, September 06, 2013

The Fractured QAL starts today!

Yippee! Thanks to Vicki for sponsoring this adventure.

We're going to take it slow and easy. We'll post our progress on our blogs and link up with Vicki every Friday from now through November. No pressure... just fun!!

At least that was the theory, but I see that Vicki is speeding along, as usual. :))  Her color and fabric choices are wonderful, I think, and are going to make a great quilt. It will be fun following everyone's progress over the course of the next couple of months.

Here are some of the fabrics I'll be using. I'm sure I'll tweak them as I go along and more will be added. As you can see, my fabric choices are very different than the ones Kathy calls for in her book.





I haven't been pushing myself to get a whole lot done yet since I really like the idea of taking it slow and enjoying the process. I'm just now getting these to the design wall and will show you my progress next week when I have more done. Once you wrap your head around the pattern, it's really fun and easy and much faster than I anticipated.

Take care,

8 comments:

Jenny said...

oooh! thanks for the post terri! i didnt know about this QAL and i adore this pattern...just got Kathy's book from the library. i love your b/w prints!!

Vicki W said...

OH, that's going to look awesome!

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow! Gorgeous fabrics!!! Can't wait to see this one come together.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your reds with the black/white prints Terri - looking great made up

Sally said...

I'm so jealous! I have great Kaffe fabrics (if I do say so myself) but your other fabrics make me so jealous. I must make myself purchase more neutrals. Can't wait to see what you do with all of these GREAT fabrics--as usual!

Julie in GA said...

I love the fabrics you chose for this quilt--can't wait to see it come together!

Barb in Mi said...

Fabulous color choices! Joined the QA as well and feel already as if I am behind...;-)

Josie Avery said...

I love this quilt, your are great inspiration. What size were your blocks?