Monday, March 11, 2013


We had to get out of the house yesterday. It was a gloriously beautiful and warm day, my husband has been working 80 hour weeks (and traveling quite a bit) and needed a break, and I've been sick and housebound. We definitely needed it and it didn't disappoint.

We drove up to Channel Islands via the agricultural fields (the back way). There were lots of strawberry fields in various stages of growth. A couple of fields even had strawberries that looked like they might ripen this week - since we've had nice, warm temps forecast for the week. I always look forward to this time of year just for the strawberries. They are sooooo good right out of the field.

We had lunch at Topper's Pizza and after watching the end of the Laker's game (they won, yeah!) we took a walk out to the end of the walking path and back since we left the car parked at Topper's. On the map below you can see where we were. At the top of the map the red star is where Topper's is located and the photo above was taken at Peninsula Point (about 2/3 of the way to the end of the walkway). Up in the top right-hand corner you can barely see a brownish building with a round window - that's Topper's. Btw, Topper's is such a fun place to go and they have the BEST food!

The next two photos were taken looking across the channel. There's a farmer's market held over there (behind that tallest building) on Sunday afternoons (it was just finishing up) and a couple of good places to eat, plus a wonderful walking path that is quite long.

In the map, I've shown a third red star, which is the location of the Channel Island Yacht Club. Hubby plays cornet in the Ventura British Brass band there every couple of months. It's a real treat for me to go listen because the group is excellent and they are all lots of fun too!

And, then there was this guy...

He's walking toward hubby, whose holding out his hand to get the duck to come to him. He's funny... (hubby, not the duck) everytime he sees an animal he tries to get it to come to him. Actually, he's been pretty successful at it. Guess he's got a way with animals (yeah, and this duck was pretty tame)!

Anyway, it was a bit windy and chilly, but refreshing and we certainly enjoyed ourselves (doesn't take much to entertain us, does it?). Then I drove home while hubby slept. }-))

My SALE is still going strong (and I'm still hoping you'll visit)!! We've got GREAT prices...come see! Remember that once a fabric is gone, it's gone. I won't be reordering. I'm hoping that everything sells out in the next month or two so I can close up the present shop and open my etsy shop. 

Take care,

No comments: