Monday, January 07, 2013

Strips inspiration & Scrappy blocks...

With Sally and Wanda as my inspiration, I spent yesterday afternoon sewing strips. I love being in my sewing room just sewing away mindlessly...how fun!



I also worked on a couple more blocks for my "Scrappy Trips Around the World." I just have these two rows to assemble (with one more block on the end of each row for a total of six blocks across) before I can sew them to the rest of the quilt and finish it. I've already picked out the backing fabric and will quilt it on the Juki TL98-e using my new walking foot. I'll let you know how well it works once I get going.


On Saturday afternoon I delivered a big 40-yard order and then hubby and I drove up to Ventura for the afternoon. Had lunch at Sharky's and ran a few errands, then came home. I didn't take any photos because it was hazy and a bit overcast - not very pretty, in other words! :)

We put this quilt on the bed again since it's always so cheerful to see at this time of year.


I'm so happy with all the orders (large and small) that I've received (thank you!!!). My fabric inventory is clearing out nicely, but I still have a lot left to sell! Hope you'll stop by and see if there's anything you just "have to have". Everyone loves the Kaffes, but there are some wonderful deals on Michael Miller, Joel Dewberry, Tina Givens and Brandon Mably fabrics too. Two good fabric dyeing books also - a must for those serious about dyeing their own fabrics. Remember - postage/shipping rates go up on January 27th!

Happy Monday,




4 comments:

Kar said...

Love the string blocks Terri! And the quilt on your bed is fabulous with sashing other than white. Gorgeous!

Sally said...

Wow! I like your wonky block better than mine! Case of jealousy here...

Janet said...

The striipy blocks look like a whole lot of fun. Beautiful quilt on your bed, love the grey.

HollyM said...

Oh I love scrappy stripping too. All of your quilts are so pretty!