Friday, June 29, 2012

Piles, piles, and more piles!

If you are like me, you make piles. I have piles throughout my house, unfortunately, and I don't really think I'll ever be free of them. :) Lately, I've been in my sewing room quite a bit making piles.

If you remember this (here too), you'll remember that I was trying to figure out what to do with it. Here's what I decided to do...

yep...it's a pile now. Thank goodness I don't have to think about this anymore. A UFO crossed off my list.

I've also been doing some cleaning throughout the house too (what's new) and created this new pile. Actually, I created two piles from what was in this cabinet. One for goodwill/craigslist and this one. I like this pile quite a bit! :)

and, I finally decided it was time to go from this to this pile. Now I can use these fabrics in a new project - much better than having them hanging on a wall taking up space.

How many piles do you have sitting around your house/sewing room? I could actually show you quite a few more, but I don't have that much time right now! But I would love to hear about yours....it might make be feel better, if you know what I mean.

Hey, it's Friday! Hope it's a wonderful beginning to a great weekend for you.

Take care,

6 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous piles! I think if we placed our piles side by side they'd be almost identical! What's the name of the quilt at the bottom of the quilts pile?

Paulette said...

Oh, I know from piles. May I say, though, first of all, your piles are beautiful! I am a piler, there is no way around it. You are in good company, I would imagine.

HollyM said...

What a great feeling to have that all cleared up and cut into squares! Much better than trying to finish something just because you think you should.
Have a good weekend! We have a long one here.

Ann Champion said...

I can't imagine anyone that's creative without piles!
When I see pics of famous designer's studios I always wonder where their piles are? LOL

I have piles that get so tall they fall over..then it's clean and sort and I end up with new piles.

I like that you took the fabric swatches off the cards and now you can use them. They're like little jewels.

I'm sure one day you'll revisit the project that got set aside and do something wonderful with it. You have such a good eye.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I work so hard to keep things from being in piles but it's a constant battle. Right now I have 2 piles in my sewing room and one at work. The work one, I don't mind as it really is "stuff" I use regularly. The one in my sewing room, however, drives me crazy! Congratulations to you for your efforts to reduce your piles, make that gorgeous pile of finished quilts and for turning in a UFO you didn't love into a nice stack of fabric!

Shelley said...

Oh I'm a piler too! Piles of paper, piles of magazines, piles of recipes... and in the sewing room piles of fabrics in all stages of cutting. Since I have multiple projects going at once, there are LOTS of piles of fabric. I'm just going to stick with it - it works for me, and every time I try to change my ways it only lasts a few days!