Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A bit of progress...I think?

This is what the design wall looks like today. I'm not sure that I like it any better than the way it looked here so I'm not even sure I should call it progress. Thanks for all of your comments and great suggestions for improvement. I didn't like it enough the way it was to go about adding anything else to it.

Here's the view straight on.

I decided to work from a "colorwash" point of view and that's how I got to this. As you can see, there are still bits and pieces that don't fit yet. I added very few new pieces to it, but it sure looks different, doesn't it? It still doesn't thrill me and it isn't fun working on it so I'm not sure where it will go from here. I'm going to let it sit for a couple of days while I work on another UFO.

We had a lovely, relaxing weekend. We got out in the garden and got quite a bit done. A little planting and a LOT of weeding. Still lots more weeding to be done! :) We also took a couple of hour-long walks and it felt so refreshing to be out in the sunshine with a slight breeze blowing over the water.

Well, back to work for me. I love having Holiday weekends but it always means more work the day after since I have to make up for Monday.

Take care,







Something I think you might like:  Stars & Stripes banner!!

5 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

Sometimes you just have to know when to step away and roll up the project for the time being. I applaud your decision -- don't spend time if you're not having fun.

Diane

HollyM said...

It is pretty nonetheless, so I hope you'll feel like finishing it. We had some very warm weather but now we're freezing again. It was nice to get out though. The sun feels good.

Janet said...

You had an interesting post about this quilt, it made me think actually. In the end you have to please yourself and I like this setting better in terms of color.

Sally said...

Hi. I like thew way the value progression is going from darker on the top left to lighter at the bottom right. I know you consider it a "drag" to try to finish it, but I'm liking the way it's going.

Jan said...

That looks amazing!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm having a new giveaway on my blog if you're interested!