Monday, February 14, 2011

The drink that was/wasn't...

Yesterday, on an assignment for my photog class, we drove up to browse the Farmer's Market in Channel Islands. Unfortunately, we were just a bit late and they were already packing up when we arrived. Not the best way to take pics of the Farmer's Market. Oh well...it's a lovely area and there's a great walkway along the harbor with plenty to see so we decided to do that instead.

But before we did, we decided to have a late lunch/early dinner at a restaurant we frequent quite often. They have wonderful food - it's always really good! This is the Salmon Bowl. I don't usually take pics of my food, but I did happen to have my camera and I am trying to learn how to use it better.


But the funny thing was the Bloody Mary's that we ordered. Oh my gosh...it was so funny when they came.  Do you see what I mean?


It couldn't decide whether it was a Bloody Mary, a Martini, or a Margarita. And, with something (?) around the rim and a straw too? It didn't taste like a Bloody Mary either - more like a lot of tobasco sauce with a little tomato juice thrown in for good measure. I'm not sure there was any vodka in it at all! It was hilarious!! I wouldn't order one of these again, but it was great for a laugh yesterday!

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I've always wanted to take a photography class. I'm sure I could take better pictures with my little digital but the manual is sooo confusing LOL.

Crispy