Wednesday, July 23, 2008

As you all probably know by now, we've been doing some things around the house lately. I'm trying to keep hubby occupied! :)) He has put up five of these porch lights...aren't they nice?




And he painted a small, round wicker table for me to use between the newly painted adirondack chairs on the front porch.




I painted a mat on one of the paintings in our family room. It was a creamy beige and it looked OK, but now it looks great.



I just used acrylic paint and a foam brush and it came out surprisingly perfect! Saved us about $80 and I love it. This photo is a bit dark only because I had to shut off all the light in order not to get a million reflections in the glass.



I also painted a lamp base (that I picked up at a flea market many years ago for $5) with a base coat of black and then a little bronze rubbed over it. It turned out really nice!


These pictures we framed were from a $21 calendar and I got the frames on sale for $4 each at Michaels. Then DH hung them on the wall of the landing at the top of the stairs. It didn't take him long and they look wonderful, but he did make me leave him alone while he was hanging them. :))

No comments: