Monday, October 24, 2016

Socks and a little trip!

I started the first pair of these socks in early September so I would have something to take along on our road trip to Lake Tahoe and Truckee. I was originally planning on working on my Lucy Boston blocks but found there wasn't adequate lighting in our accommodations to enable me to see to do hand stitching. So I knit instead. It's relaxing and very enjoyable anyway so I didn't mind at all. This pair is the Tesserae pattern by Anne Hanson that I love so much. Such an easy knit!




The second pair is a pattern called the Roger Sock also by Anne Hanson. I love her patterns as they are always so easy to read/understand. I much prefer written directions rather than a chart and that's what she provides.


Both pairs of these socks will be in the shop shortly.

Our trip to Lake Tahoe and Truckee was fun and both Donner Lake and Tahoe (below) were gorgeous. We had wonderful weather while we were there... it was in the high 70s during the day and really cooled off during the evenings. One afternoon/evening there was a rain/snow storm which left the mountain tops in South Lake Tahoe covered with snow (quite a bit which melted the next day). And, believe it or not, it was 19 degrees the next morning as we left to head home. As luck would have it, we had our nice warm jackets with us! :) It was just so nice to get away for a few days.




Take care,

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wonderful view! And great socks. I'll have to look Anne up on Rav. ttyl, Sally

Diane J. Evans said...

Love the socks!! I'm finally ready to knit a pair for myself, and I'd like to use Socks That Rock lightweight yarn. I've been searching your blog for all the socks you've knitted, looking for a not-too-much-brain-needed pattern. I'd like to avoid cables and a lot of ribbing, because I want to keep them smooth, and a lace pattern might not work since I want warmth under short boots. Would the Roger Sock be the best choice? I like the length and smoothness of the pattern. Do you have a better suggestion? Thanks so much.

Diane