Friday, September 09, 2016

Lucy Boston blocks 1 - 4

I've hopped onto the Lucy Boston bandwagon after watching all the gorgeous blocks being put together by Alewives Fabrics. I fell in love with the shop when we visited a couple of years ago. It's one of the best shops I've been to in a very long time and it's located in the beautiful village of Damariscotta Mills on the shores of the Damariscotta River/Salt Bay.

Anyway, I've put together these first four, unsewn, blocks so that I'll have handwork when I need it.




I do have to say that I don't find these blocks all that easy in regards to fabric choices even with the h-u-g-e stash of fabric that I have, but they are definitely fun to make!

Take care,

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I have seen a few bloggers making these blocks, but my goodness your fabrics really make these blocks sing.

Susan said...

They look fabulous! Part of the fun is choosing the fabrics, don't you think? Besides, there is always more fabric that could be 'attained' from you LQS!

Sally said...

Your fabric choices are phenomenal! Wish I had some of them in my stash!

Diane J. Evans said...

Wow, Terri -- are these paper pieced?? They're some of the most gorgeous hexies I've seen. You've made some great color and pattern choices, even if it did take some time. Is there a pattern for this?

Diane