here) and printed them off onto bond paper. And, at first, it was a real struggle to wrap my head around how to paper piece since it seemed as though I was wasting a huge amount of fabric! :) But, I got over that and with practice, I came to quite like paper piecing. I also used some batiks and a lot of my own hand-dyed fabrics - something I've not done before this quilt although I have a huge stash of batiks and quite a lot of my own hand-dyed fabrics.
As you can see, I quilted it using organically straight lines about 1/2 inch apart since I wanted a more modern look than these quilts are known for having. I agonized for quite some time trying to decide how to quilt it, but kept coming back to the straight, vertical lines. Even as I started it, I wasn't sure it was the right choice. But, I love the way it looks so I'm happy I went with my instincts. And, it's the 10th WIP I'm able to cross of my list for 2016... I'm on a roll!
Progress shots along the way are here, here, here, and here!
When I showed it to my husband he said, "Wow... that's a work of art!" That made my day!
I've finally caught up posting finished projects and from now on, I hope to keep them in order! It got confusing (even to me and I knew what I was doing)!