Wednesday, August 24, 2016

In the garden...

The light was so beautiful last evening that I just had to grab my camera and take some photos out in the garden. There's a large fire north of us in Santa Barbara county that's producing lots of smoke in the air, which makes for lovely color as the sun sets. 



Hydrangea's are always fun to photograph and I sorely need the practice. It's been ages since I photographed anything sheerly for the fun of it. I feel like I've forgotten more than I knew! :)

The following three photos were taken in the back part of the yard and in deep shade.




I pruned all of my hydrangeas way back last fall - perhaps too far - since they didn't grow much in size this spring. But there are lots and lots of colorful blooms, that's for sure! One of my favorite flowers. The only thing better would be being able to grow Peonies!! :)

Take care,

2 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Beautiful flower photos . . . all such lovely colors.