Monday, September 29, 2014

What a great week!

I had such a wonderful week with my sister! I forget how much fun she is until we actually get time to spend together.

We kept ourselves busy at the outlet mall, In-n-Out, the beach a couple of days, Duke's Malibu for lunch on the way home from LAX, Ventura Harbor where we ate at Andria's Seafood and went for a walk, and best of all - Disneyland.

We rode the Indiana Jones ride first thing after arriving and when we discovered there was barely any wait, we rode it again! We both thought it was our favorite ride, along with Big Thunder Mountain. And, after all the years I've been to Disneyland, this was the first time seeing the Haunted Mansion decorated for Halloween. What a great treat!! We got there at 10:30 am and left at 9pm. The only real sitting we did was when we ate lunch at the Hungry Bear Restaurant. The very best food I've eaten at Disneyland ever. Tried an Apple Caramel Funnel Cake and it was great!! 

Can you believe it? We only made a couple of the recipes we had collected and sad to say, both were disappointments. We were just too busy to cook much.


I don't usually post pictures of family (or myself, for that matter), but thought I might break my own rule just this once! At the time we took this selfie (I can't believe we took a selfie), it was blistering hot and we had just managed to find a little shade in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Now I've got to get myself back into my usual routine. And, I'm anxious to get back to sewing and quilting!!

Take care,

2 comments:

Sally said...

Sounds as if you had a fantastic time with your sister.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I've been to Disneyland twice and the last time was October 2008. The Halloween decorations were amazing. I loved how the Haunted House looked at that time. Glad you enjoyed it too.