Monday, July 28, 2014

Sometimes it's hard...

for me to juggle all the things that I want to do with all the things that I have to do. It's been that way for the past couple of weeks and I'm still woefully behind. Since I do need my "therapy" I try to get into my sewing room as much as possible and my Tuesday/Thursday group always helps with that "therapy" thing too! Although my concentration does suffer when there are people around and lots of laughing. :)

Anyway, I'm sure that no one will be surprised to hear that I finished another couple Zip & Go bags.


The one above sold already! Yippee!



The brown "damask" bag and the "flowery" bag are both photographed on top of their respective lining fabrics. Just an experiment I thought I would try. It's fine for the lighter linings, but otherwise I think I'll continue to show the linings the way I've been doing it. You never know how something will work until you try, right?

And, sure enough, the minute I say it out loud that I've still got the desire to keep making them, I'm struck with the motivation to do something different. I've discovered that's the surest way to sabotage myself and yet I continue to do it. I swear that I am fickle.




This little bag is called the Traveler BB Bag and while it's cute and has lots of wonderful pockets, the front flap won't stay closed. I made it exactly the way the pattern instructed, but it does need some kind of closure. A magnetic snap would be perfect. Next time?


I'll be putting the Zip & Go's in the shop very soon!

Take care,

4 comments:

lalaluu said...

Love the brown damask Zip & Go bag! I totally agree on photographing the linings. The dark lining competes with the dark outer fabric on the 3rd bag. The little Traveler BB Bag looks cute! Definitely a snap or a loop with a button closure so stuff doesn't fall out!

Millie said...

I want the one with the orange circles! It will save me from grumbling while I make one for myself!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your fabric choice for the first one!

Mystic Quilter said...

I too love the first bag with the bright orange/red circles.