Sunday, May 12, 2013

Puttering... and making quilt bindings.

We're having a quiet day. We decided to stick around the house and just relax so I've been in my sewing room all day. Straightening up, moving things around, re-organizing, and just generally enjoying myself. I haven't had this kind of day for a very long time. It helps that I've got a good "book on tape" to listen to while I'm puttering. Are they still called "books on tape"?



I've also been making some quilt bindings to list on etsy. I love quilt bindings and I especially love it when then go with but aren't one of the fabrics I've used in the quilt. It's so much more challenging to make it work, I think. I love scrappy quilt bindings too and probably make them for my quilts more often than not. It's also a good way to use up scraps.

 Hope you're all enjoying your day too!

Take care,

2 comments:

HollyM said...

What a good idea to make up quilt bindings! And I love the choices of fabrics.
We had similar days, except I can't listen to books on tape. I kept having to rewind because I would get lost in thought!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great idea Terri!