Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm soooooo bummed!

This is what I saw when I just logged on to Google Reader. I'm bummed... I really am! Google Reader is how I keep track of all the 300+ blogs I follow. It's been a great service and I'm not sure I understand why they are discontinuing it.



I'm not aware of another aggregator that performs this service. I'm hoping some of you are and can provide some recommendations. Please, please, please, please, please!!

My SALE is still going strong (and I'm still hoping you'll visit)!! We've got GREAT prices...come see! Remember that once a fabric is gone, it's gone. I won't be reordering. I'm hoping that everything sells out in the next month or two so I can close up the present shop and open my etsy shop. 

Take care,


7 comments:

Luz2Quilt said...

I use Blogger Dashboard.

Jackie's Stitches said...

If you find out anything about an alternative to google reader, let me know! I'll do the same. Google said something about Extensions in Chrome but I'm finding it really clunky. I actually hate it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am bummed too because that is how I read most of my blogs too. I just got the same message when I logged in tonight.

Sharon T said...

There is a Bookmark function in Safari on Apple computers and devices. I believe you can download Safari onto a nonApple computer just as you can download Firefox, etc. By the way Firefox offers a bookmark function, too.

floribunda said...

yep! bummer! the advantage of google reader is that you can switch back & forth from PC to iPad (for instance) and it keeps track of what you've already read. The other systems don't seem to work that way. Someone on CNET mentioned "Bloglines" -- which has been resurrected -- but despite the name they don't support blogs! Maybe something will surface before July...

HollyM said...

I think I'm using Firefox on my computer.

Jen said...

I was bummed too! Luckily, though, there are actually quite a few alternatives. Two of the best are NewsBlur and Feedly. I'm trying out both this morning (I got to this post from Feedly!) and importing from Google Reader to both of these other services was completely painless.