Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A day at the beach

I took a drive to the beach the other day...


it was gorgeous, but cold, and it was deserted. Not a single soul there except me, and I don't know why, but it felt a bit spooky.


I think this photo is kinda funny (and sad). See those chains? I hadn't realized that picnic tables were being stolen from the local beaches.


These are the fields that I drive along on my way to and from the beach. They are always changing and they are always beautiful. I feel fortunate to live in this gorgeous and somewhat rural area.

 My SALE is still going strong (and I'm still hoping you'll visit)!! We've got GREAT prices...come see!

Take care,


6 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I have never seen the ocean and I can't imagine living that close . . . so beautiful! Maybe one day . . . . :)

Judy P. said...

This is the Salinas/Monterey area, right. I live in Idaho now, but am from the SF Bay area. I miss it.

HollyM said...

It's a very beautiful scene with the wide open fields, the mountains with the big clouds behind them. I could see how it would be constantly changing.

Life Images by Jill said...

sad isn't it that sometimes beautiful places can feel a bit spooky when you are there alone. Your area looks beautiful. I have a few fields I drive by on the way to work - I like it.
Thanks for stoppipng by my blog today. You have given me heart about Manual mode!
Have a wonderful weekend.

chanina said...

I love the ocean in the winter, but I get the spooky part! And what a beautiful view you have!

Breesmimi said...

Hello Terri! I'm stopping by from FaFF at Sew Many Ways. I'm hooked on your photos and your blog. I'm your newest follower and I'll be checking out your fabric store too! Love the "spots" fabric.