Thursday, July 19, 2012

Simple things

We had the most beautiful sunset last evening and even saw a rainbow (a rarity around our parts). I made a new pasta dish (recipe here) for dinner and peach cobbler for dessert (mmmm....it was sooo good). Hubby played youtube music videos to entertain me while I cooked. All in all, it was a fun evening and left me with a feeling of contentment.

Then, this morning as I was opening the blinds and looking out onto the Fuschia, a hummingbird came along and sampled each and every flower on the plant. Right in front of me and only inches away.

Sometimes, it's just the simple things in life that make me happy!

Speaking of simple.....fabric is simple, right? Look at this wonderful combination...


Take care,

5 comments:

HollyM said...

So true, it really is the simple things that are thebest! That peach cobbler sounds so good. I haven't made one in a while.
I love that fabric combination.

Barb said...

You are right....it is the simple things that bring us the most joy...that fabric is awesome!

Judy said...

Your landscape is magnificent - is that out your window??? OMG!!

The hummers at your Fuchsia plant must have been terrific! What kind do you have? All we have are Ruby Throats - but they are indeed wonderful!

xo

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! I have out my window a traffic light with speeding cars when it's green and a loud thump thumpa thump thumpa. . . from the blasting car radios when it's red.

CitricSugar said...

That top photograph is absolutely gorgeous. Simple beauty is enough to make me happy for sure!