Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mug Rugs...

I spent the afternoon on Sunday making these mug rugs. I've never made them before and when I searched for sizes, I couldn't find anything definitive. I guess they can be whatever size you want them to be. These are 9" x 11".


I used some my "clean-up cuts" to make these since I have millions of them. I do, it's no lie. I'll probably never use them all but I've got a wonderful assortment of fabrics collected.


These mug rugs are gifts for my DH's sister and her husband. We don't normally exchange gifts with them, but sometimes we just feel like we want to send them a surprise! I think it's the very best way to give - with no expectations of something in return. They love handmade items so I know they'll love these.

Take care,

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I did some research as to size before I made the first ones too and found that anything goes as long as it's bigger than a coaster and smaller than a placemet. I love yours, they look like something I would make! And that's a compliment of course!

HollyM said...

I love how colorful they are! I recognize a few fabrics that are in my own stash too. I discovered the fun of making then at Christmas time. They are such fun and I love machine quilting them.

Diane J. Evans said...

These would make great stocking stuffers at Christmas -- or a gift anytime. You're right -- they're a lovely surprise, and you can use them for anything you want, even if you don't drink coffee. Love the way you tied them together with the dotted binding.

Diane

Kim D. said...

Very cute, I've been wanting to make some of these also. Love the combination of brights with the polka dots.