Saturday, March 03, 2012

The babies are getting really big...

This is the biggest we've ever seen the babies get before they leave the nest. The previous two years we had a Hummingbird nest and babies, they left when then were much smaller than this. It's been a strange Hummingbird year this year, beginning with a nest in a leafless tree to babies that almost seem too large for the nest. I do think that they will be flying away any day now and I'll be very sorry to see them go, although I'm always happy to know they've survived the process.

Happy Saturday!

Oh, and don't forget what a great sale we're having in the shop through 3/7/12.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Terri!
What a precious photo!! How in the world did you ever spot the nest? We have Ruby Throats here nesting all summer, but I can never find their nests.

xo

Vicki W said...

OMG, that's fabulous!

Kar said...

How sweet! I can't wait for our hummingbirds to come back. You are lucky that you got such a great view of them this year. Have a great weekend Terri!

HollyM said...

I never can find the nests either. That is such a precious photo!

Cath said...

How wonderful for you to experience nature so intimately. I miss that now that we live in the suburbs.

FabricandFlowers said...

Oh...they got cute! I was the one that said only a mother would love that face. She knew they would grow into thier cute.

Love these pictures!

Marty Mason said...

I'm so happy you get to see these little cuties....shoo them my way. It has been such a warm winter.....we've already put the feeders out.