Thursday, December 15, 2011

My tree skirt...

I don't know how many years now I've been saying that I'm going to make a tree skirt and then never have time to get to it. For some reason, once Christmas is over I just don't feel like making a tree skirt even though that's when I have the time to do it! :))


This year I M-A-D-E myself do it and I'm very happy I did. Since we changed our color scheme this year, it was easy to find this red floral sitting in my pile of home decorator fabrics. I was actually planning on giving it away, but it just seemed to be the right fabric for the job. I have collected lots of fabrics with red in them and since I don't decorate with red any longer, they are going to be given away.


If you look really closely, you'll notice that it is still pinned together (for quilting). I started the quilting and then realized I just didn't have the time to finish it and rather than not use it this year, I decided to put it under the tree the way it is. No one but you and me knows it, so who cares? Now that it's this far along, I know I'll get it quilted completely next year! For now, I'm loving it!


I'm enjoying every single minute of this Christmas/Holiday season! I hope you are too.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty!

Angie said...

Oh my it's lovely!! That fabric is just gorgeous! I need to add reds to my stash. I don't know why I don't have more reds since it is my FAVORITE color, with yellow on its heels. :) I'm really enjoying the Season too. Aren't we blessed? :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

So pretty! Does that mean you're going to quilt it before you pack it up after Christmas? :)

Barb said...

Your tree skirt is just awesome!

Sally said...

How elegant! And it looks "finished" to me.

fiberdoodles said...

Very pretty! I have had good intentions to make one myself, and for years I had yardage of fabric scrunched under the tree. What's a few pins, you're almost there!