Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Some fall decorating idea...

This is my favorite time of year and this year it's been perfect weather too! Usually here in So Cal, we're having pretty warm/hot weather but this year it's been overcast and a bit rainy even. Cooler temps too - just perfect for fall decorating.

I was looking around on the BHG website and found this great gourd/pumpkin wreath. This would look great on my front door which is black, but I also think it would look good as an "inside" wreath too.

I love the look of fall branches/leaves in a vase but it's hard to find real ones here where we live and so far I haven't seen anything "faux" that looks good. My sis lives in an area where I'll bet she can find fall color.

This idea I like, not particularly for the Indian Corn, but for the use of natural items in jars in the cabinet. Love that look!

I love this front porch/entry. We all love mums right? But I also love the contrast between the neutral colors of brown door and the white pumpkins with the vibrant orange of the mums and the texture of the red bricks. Just gorgeous!

I haven't done much fall decorating yet although I did get 3 little "Wee Be Little" pumpkins for the mantle. It's a start!

2 comments:

Janet said...

What gorgeous photos and great ideas, everyone needs a gourd wreath.

Unknown said...

I don't do decor very well. It's my simple mind that doesn't compute, but oh my daughter more than makes up for it. I can see a bit of her in so many of these photos.
Loved the wreath!