Thursday, August 25, 2011

Off to the quilter...

My Trip Around the World is finished and will be in the mail by Monday morning. Yippee!! I can't believe that I actually stuck with it and got it done.

Now, I've started a new project. I know....what a dummy! I have a million UFOs I could work on, but no, I have to start a new project.


It's gonna be a pretty one and it's one that I've been wanting to do for several years now. I bought it as a kit and I'm really disappointed in the company that assembled it. Very shoddy indeed! If this wasn't so old already, I would return it. Since I can't, I'm going to make it work regardless. It's easy since it's all big pieces just sewn together - once you get them all cut out. Fussy cutting (ugh!) I don't really know why, but I have never loved to fussy cut. I guess it's because I'm fairly frugal and there is so much waste when cutting this way. Of course, those extra pieces won't really go to waste - I'll find a way to use them. :)

5 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

That didn't take any time at all! She's baaaack! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Also glad you're back behind the sewing machine needle! Love the fabric in the kit, though I can't see the pattern clearly.

Judy Rys said...

Where did you mail it to?

Crispy said...

I'm doin' the happy dance for you!! It has to feel wonderful to have it all finished. Dagnabit!! I was hoping you had that black/blue fabric in stock....I was reaching for my credit card LOL.

Crispy

Diane J. Evans said...

Congrats! It's a good feeling, isn't it??

Diane