Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Here's a different view...

After visiting a very dear friend in the hospital (he just had triple-bypass surgery), we took his wife and visited the new spot we discovered just a few weeks ago.

It was a lovely, warm but not too hot day and we had a leisurely lunch before embarking on our little walk. My DH asked me why I was taking more photos since I had already taken them on our previous trip. What a funny question. This was a different trip with different opportunities and besides, I love taking photographs and practicing.

This photo is taken as we were approaching the entrance to the walking bridge. Yes, it is for walking - no cars allowed - and it's wonderful!


Look at the Bougainvillea....this is one of the most gorgeous plants I've seen. Wish it would grow this way in my yard! :)


We spent about three hours here....eating lunch and then wandering the pathways. It was so peaceful and refreshing. Finally, a cold breeze starting blowing and chased us into the car. Love those Sunday drives/discoveries.

2 comments:

Crispy said...

What a wonderful place to stroll :0)

Crispy

AnnieO said...

Looks like a great place to stroll and enjoy the outdoors. The trick with bougainvilla I think is to have your NEIGHBOR plant it in their yard so you always have the pretty blooms peeking over the fence without the hassle of hacking back the thorns, lol!