Monday, April 18, 2011

A couple of weeks ago....

we took another Sunday drive, this time heading north on the 101. It was a lovely, warm day and we just generally had fun. Discovered a new place for lunch, walked down to the beach, and visited one of our LQS (not super local to me) that's going out of business, where I did a little shopping. Yes, I shop for fabric too! :)

Here's what I bought. The shop was pretty picked over at this point, even though she was only offering 30% off but I still found a few things I had to have.


Our walk was about a mile and a half by the time we were done. A little adventure, since we had no idea where we were going. The path crossed over the train tracks and there were a few folks putting pennies on the rail so that they would be flattened when the train ran over them. I would never have thought to do it, but it was fun watching. Besides, I didn't have any pennies. Who carries pennies around? :)


As you already know...I love our Sunday drives.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Such lovely pictures. I love to walk beside the water.

Barb said...

What awesome fabrics...enjoyed your pictures...

Crispy said...

What a lovely drive. My son and I took 101 all the way from Seattle to Disney Land around 25 years ago. I'll never forget that trip :0)

Crispy

Judy Rys said...

Unfortunately, I bought more than you did and didn't need a single bit of it. I already own enough to open a fabric store of my own! Sad to see another fabric store close :-(

Janet said...

That was a great little trip, we love doing that too. A quilt shop included is a bonus.

AnnieO said...

OMG, what quilt shop is closing?

Kim D. said...

Pretty fabrics and it looks like a wonderful trip! I need a beach fix..