Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My progress so far...

On Eagle Eyes. I have until Saturday, which is our next class, to finish up with the beak and eyes. Then, we'll tackle the feathers in class. When I first started this my thoughts were, "what have I gotten myself into?" But, I've found this project to be very exhilarating, although frustrating at moments only because of my lack of the right "kind" of fabrics. I have tons and tons of Amy and Kaffe, but not very many batiks or fabrics with little pattern. From now on, I'll be on the lookout for great batik FQs!

This is a photo of the original quilt! It's absolutely stunning and even more so up close.

I'll talk more about the maker of the quilt and show you some of her other gorgeous quilts (which she very kindly gave me permission to post) shortly.

9 comments:

momsue84 said...

Wow! That's all I can say. Just WOW! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Stunning!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Amazing! This quilt design is totally amazing! I hope you'll continue to share your progress on it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What have you gotten yourself into Terri??? Actually, it looks like great fun - and a reason to expand you stash!

Jenny said...

id be glad to send a few FQs or FEs of some batik fabrics I fear I may never use if you are interested? this is a whopper of a project!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow, wow, wow,wow!

Diane J. Evans said...

What meticulous work, Terri -- it'll e a rewarding finish, for certain! Those feathers are going to be exciting!

Diane

Janet said...

It's incredible! I can't even imagine doing it, I take my hat off to you.

Crispy said...

WOW Terri!! I'm in awe of you even tackling this project!! It's looking wonderful....so far :0)

Crispy

Kim D. said...

Looks like a great start Terri. Can't wait to see your progress.