Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A lovely Sunday afternoon drive...

I got the first pair of commissioned socks finished and am now at the gusset of the first sock of the next pair. Whew...that was a mouthful! Anyway, I'm really happy with the colorway of these socks. It's always a surprise when knitting with a yarn and/or colorway you haven't used before, especially with socks since the gusset interrupts the natural flow of color. This is Red Heart Heart & Sole in Green Envy.


I also got some quilting done on Sunday and will show that to you very soon. I've been setting aside some dedicated quilting/sewing time and it has certainly helped me get a few things accomplished and it's helped to inspire me too!

On Sunday afternoon/late evening we again took to the road and found ourselves in the fields down the hill from our home. I've talked about these fields before and I will probably continue to do so because each time we see them they are different....and gorgeous!

This time we saw Pumpkins, of course,



Cauliflower fields,


Swiss Chard,



and, Cabbage. The sun was starting to set and that's why the Swiss Chard just glows. The cabbage leaves show a little bit of glow too!



There were even more fields to photograph but the sun set too quickly! It was a lovely and relaxing drive. I hope you have something nearby your home that gives you as much pleasure as I get from "my" fields.

7 comments:

blushing rose said...

Love those socks, Terri. The colors are gorgeous. Are you doing both pairs out of the same color scheme?

I love country drives, so much to see & absorb.

Have a warm wonderful week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Crispy said...

Great socks Terri. Love the fields of color you have :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

The socks are just gorgeous. Those cabbage just look way too perfect!

Diane J. Evans said...

You never cease to amaze me with the incredible variety of talents you have, Terri -- no wonder you have so many satisfied customers and friends!

Diane

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh I love those socks Terri, I might have to buy some of that gorgeous green envy. Looking at your fields of cabbages, chard and others, I can almost see where Kaffe and friends get their ideas for their wonderful vegie fabrics from! xo

MichelleB said...

Love those socks! I'm going to have to try some of that yarn.

Kim D. said...

Love your socks, green is one of my favorite colors. Love your photography too and enjoy the veggies in the fields.