Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Out of my comfort zone...

If I remember correctly, I think this pattern is a very loose variation of the Burgoyne Surrounded. I started with a floral home dec polished cotton, which I laundered to remove the shiny finish, and then picked the other two fabrics. These were not my typical color choices and that was the beauty of using a focus fabric and being forced to pick colors that went with it. I really loved this quilt when it was finished and I would never had made it had I stayed in my "comfort zone."


The colors are more accurate in this close-up photo.


I think I thought that I would always be able to remember where each of my quilts ended up, but unfortunately I can't. I don't have a clue where this one is, but I hope the owner has enjoyed years of pleasure from it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing how things change over the years, fabrics, colors etc. I think it is fantastic and I am sure whoever owns it loves it and has given it a good home.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is a very pretty quilt Terri - I'm sure someone is enjoying it!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

It's lovely seeing these early quilts you made Terri, isn't fun to look back and see how much our tastes have changed. I'm sure someone has loved this quilt made by you xo

Diane J. Evans said...

I love the way you interpret traditional patterns with an updated fabric look -- this is a lovely quilt, Terri. The owner must be pleased!

Diane

quiltmom anna said...

Whoever owns your beautiful quilt is one lucky person- It is really an intersesting thing about one's comfort zones- It is good you took a step out of the zone- it is a real beauty.
Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Kim D. said...

Very nice quilt Terri.. My aunt gave me a quilt journal years ago and I haven't used it yet. It has a place for the photo's and information about the quilt. I should start using it before I forget all the quilts I've made in the past few years.

Kathleen said...

i love this one....i have a thing for decor weight quilts anyway and this is a beauty