Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back and busy...

I'm baaaaaack! What a wonderful and restful week we had. We didn't touch the computer, which felt pretty great, I must admit. We forgot to check the phone for messages. We took a couple of day trips here and there. We walked, we hiked a bit in the hills near our home, we slept in. Sound heavenly? It was.

Amidst all of that relaxing and having fun, I did manage to finish knitting a pair of socks and start another. I finished the Razzle Dazzle's...


...and started my Midsummer's Tessarae's.


I also started a new quilt project. I know I shouldn't have because I already have too many UFOs but I needed to work on something NEW to make it feel like a vacation. This is just a sneak peak. I'm not making any promises as to when it will be finished but rest assured I'll show it to you then!


I want to thank all of you for the many lovely comments left for me regarding my quilts. I really should write each and every one of you in response but I hope you'll forgive me for not doing so this time. When I turned on the computer on Monday morning, it was to an avalanche of orders. That I'm still working on. That I'm hoping to finish up tomorrow so I can start on the current ones. In other words....I'm really busy. Really, really busy...and tired. :)

Why is it that the week after vacation is one in which you work twice as hard as you usually do? Don't answer...I know. I work twice as hard the week before vacation too! :)) Oh well....it was so worth it.

If you placed an order with me during last week or early this week, please know that I'm working diligently to get caught up. And, THANK YOU for the great orders!!

Take care,

5 comments:

Kim D. said...

Hi Terri,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love the socks you're working on and can't wait to see what your quilt looks like. I'm glad you have a nice vacation.

Crispy said...

Welcome back to blogland Terri!! I love the blue socks you are working on. Oh, starting a new quilty project is a good thing LOL.

Crispy

Unknown said...

Yay! So happy that you are relaxed. I just love that feeling, but you are right coming back... and before... there is no relaxation. Love your socks!

Diane J. Evans said...

Looooove the blue socks! Lots of patience going into making those, for certain! What a beautiful design!

Welcome back -- can't wait to see what you start creating next!

Diane

Jackie's Stitches said...

A no tech vacation is always so relaxing. We take one every year and it's always hard to come back to the hustle and bustle.

Your socks and quilt look fantastic!