Monday, August 03, 2009

Here's just a small sampling of some of the wonderful talent we have in our small Ladies of the Evening quilt group. I've talked about this group before, but I'm always surprised at some of the lovely quilts that are made.

Carol and Penny and I took Kaffe Fassett's class last year in May and Penny finished her quilt right away! Mine is still wrapped up just as tightly as the day of the class, but Carol finished her top just this past week! I couldn't get back far enough to get a pic of the entire quilt, but you get the idea...right? Isn't it gorgeous?


This is another quilt she was working on at our meeting and I like it a lot. It's a really simple pattern but looks way more complicated because of the fabrics she used. I always tease Carol because I'm usually with her when she buys fabric and she buys a LOT of what I think are UGLY fabrics. But then she makes her quilt and I usually end up kicking myself for not buying those fabrics when I had the chance. (I'm talking about fabrics that I don't carry in my shop. You know...I still shop for fabric just like you do!) This is one of those quilts!


And then, Pam finally finished this "wedding gift" quilt which she is now giving to the recipient on her first anniversary! Isn't it wonderful?



Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That second picture has me wanting to pull out all of my plaids and stripes.

I got my order today, 2 hours before the notice that it had been sent. How is that for fast service.

Crispy said...

Wow what lovely quilts!! Well Done Ladies!!

Crispy

cathleen said...

Tell Carol I think her Kaffe colorfest quilt is fabulous!!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Your friends are as talented as you are, Terri -- thanks for sharing!

Diane

Unknown said...

Love all the quilts. The second one is in a Quilt Sampler magazine. In fact, it is on the cover. I have always admired that quilt and said that one day I will make it, but Jackie style, bright and bold.