Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another finish! Yippee! You asked to see a photo of the whole quilt, but I just don't have a way to do that...yet. I'm working on it! In the meantime, here's the best photo I can get of my second Old Red Barn QAL quilt. I quilted it quite simply using wavy lines on the horizontal and I used different border and backing fabrics than the first quilt. I also used a 1/2" black/white polka dot border between the quilt body and the border for a little definition.



Another great combination discovered while cutting fabrics and packing up orders...


11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Terri, it turned out so beautiful! Love your fabrics. It looks like a field of fresh flowers.

Crispy said...

WOW Terri, you have taken a boring rail fence pattern and raised it to new heights. The fabrics and color are just scrumptious!! I LOVE it!!

Crispy

Vicki W said...

I love that quilt!

Martine Kuciel said...

très joli et très lumineux, félicitations ,j'aime beaucoup

Unknown said...

The black and white polka dot was a great way to go. Love it and the whole quilt. What are you going to make with the new fabric??

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your quilt is wonderful Terri! I love the black polka dot definition between the quilt and border.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I just love the colours in this one Terri. And that polka dot border is perfect, really complements your quilt. I'm going to have to try your wavy quilting sometime, I really like that, very effective. xo

Kim D. said...

Just wanted to comment on your beautiful fabrics. You really have an eye for color. Look gorgeous..

Anonymous said...

Here from Vicki's Field Trips in Fibre and glad I came. Lovely quilt! :)

Unknown said...

beautiful color sense!! Wonderful quilt

Anonymous said...

What lovely colors, Terri! You did a marvelous job.