Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long Beach International Quilt Festival was fun. I went with a non-quilting artist friend and we got a late start but still had plenty of time to see the show and the quilts.

There was one vendor that stood out of the crowd in my opinion. I like people that do things just a little bit differently!

Ficklesticks by Diana Taylor! What a cute name and her booth was cute too. It was filled to the brim with wonderful, colorful creations!


She had so much in her booth it was hard to take it all in, but it was all wonderful! There were necklaces, pins, earrings, stick figures, etc. etc. etc. Here are just a few of the many photos I took.





Diana giving a quick demo...


and finally, her book, Fast, Fun & Easy Fabric Ficklesticks!


You can visit Diana's website or blog to see more of her creations and get additional information. You'll see she's used some Kaffe fabrics in her designs and apparently he is quite taken with them.

I didn't take any photos of the quilts, but let me tell you...they were all spectacular! Really amazing and extraordinary! If you go here you will be able to see really good photos of all the quilts!

We went to Famous Dave's in the harbor for lunch and managed to save enough room to have bread pudding for dessert! Their bread pudding is WONDERFUL!!

A great day, all in all!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a fun looking booth. Lots of eye candy!

Janet said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I had company this weekend so I couldn't just say "I off to a quilt show". My DIL says that they are putting a Famous Dave's on Westlake Blvd & Thousand Oaks Blvd.

Crispy said...

Thanks for the link to the quilts. Almost as good as being there except easier on my pocketbook LOL.

Crispy