Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change is coming! In addition to that change, I mean price changes. Westminster Fibers has implemented a new policy concerning "minimum advertised retail pricing" for newly introduced products. That's quite a mouthful, isn't it?


What this means for me is this. One year from the release date of a new fabric, it must be advertised at it's full retail price of $9.50 per yard. This doesn't mean to say that we can't have a sale from time to time, but the majority of the time it's going to be priced at $9.50. Only for the first year, then it can be priced more competitively.

There are a few questions yet to be answered. How is the release date determined for fabrics I already have? Must I change the price of those fabrics to comply with this new policy or do we start fresh as of February 1st? Anyway, for now, anything that I know is new will be $9.50/yard and as I find out more information, those changes will be implemented.

What this means for you is this. If you know of any recently released Westminster/Free Spirit fabric (Free Spirit is owned by Westminster) that you want now might be the time to purchase it. This would be Kaffe Fassett, Phillips Jacobs, Tina Givens, Martha Negley, and Anna Marie Horner fabrics! As of February 1st, the $9.50/yard price will be in effect.

With that said, I want to assure you I will have many sales throughout the year. I will announce sales on this blog as well as through my shop newsletter. If you haven't signed up to receive my newsletter, now might be an ideal time. I don't "pester" my customers with many emails...in fact, I probably send too few!

And remember, this policy does not affect the many other beautiful fabrics I sell OR the Westminster/Free Spirit fabrics that are more than one year old.

ETA: Westminster has decided to postpone implementation of this policy for an unspecified amount of time.

Road to California was great! I'll post some photos in the next couple of days. The quilts were absolutely stunning!

No comments: