Thursday, December 18, 2008

When I'm thinking about Christmas gifts, I always like the idea of gifts from the kitchen. For many years I made Kahlua and that was always appreciated. Then, I went through my homemade bread phase and got really good at making braided Challah (a great egg-bread)! One year I made really fancy sugar cookies with the recipe attached as a tag. It's always been a lot of fun for me, so when I was looking for inspiration for this year, I came across these ideas at the Country Living site.

This spice mix not only looks beautiful, but I imagine it would taste wonderful. Think of all of the lovely ways this could be packaged too! There are three different recipes here.


Here's a cookie package very similar to what I did.


Everyone loves to receive homemade Jam. These are simple, but elegant jars for presentation, don't you think?


This is a clever idea. I like the mini size of these turnovers and the cute way they are packaged. Recipe here.


Last, but certainly not least are these Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sticks. They look so festive!


Hope you're having fun in the kitchen this season!

No comments: