Tuesday, December 09, 2008


Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I saw this at Carole's the other day and thought it would be fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gorgeous wrapping paper with hand made bows of wonderful ribbon along with an ornament or twigs or something unique incorporated and hand-made tags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. We have an artificial tree also, but rarely use it. I can’t smell, but my husband loves the pine scent of a real tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? About three weeks before Christmas on a weekend so we have plenty of time to get it decorated.

4. When do you take the tree down? A couple of days before New Years. I like the house cleared of Christmas so we’re ready to begin afresh our new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? I love it, especially warmed with a sprinkle of nutmeg over the top.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably a favorite doll or my bicycle, but I honestly don’t remember.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He never asks for anything and doesn’t want very much. Of course, the things he does want, like a new trumpet aren’t inexpensive or even easy to buy without his input.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My niece.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Nope.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? If I’ve received anything that was awful, I just don’t remember it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don’t know why, but I like “You’ve Got Mail” at Christmas time.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start seriously shopping in October and finish in November (before Thanksgiving).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Shhhh...yes. When I was working at a RE office, there were a few things that were “recycled”.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, fudge, and more fudge.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, and the more I can fit on, the better. I’ve had white lights for many years, but last year and again this year, I’ll use colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy and White Christmas and O Come All Ye Faithful

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We’ve done both. We travel occasionally to North Dakota to see my youngest sister and niece and nephew. This year will be spent at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, and who’s the other one? Oh yeah, it’s Dasher. That was not easy.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, usually very early while it’s still dark out. We have to have a fire going and a cup of steaming hot chocolate too!

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too many people shopping at the same time I am!

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? No theme, but I like chartreuse, magenta and orange.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like a digital SLR, but it’s OK too if I don’t get it. I’m not a big one for receiving gifts.

24. Angel on the tree top or a star? I actually like a bunch of twigs coming out of the top of the tree, which makes it look a bit more natural and provides contrast for all the other sparkly things that are on it.

25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Babyback ribs.

What about you?

No comments: