Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to the Quilt Festival....this booth, Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods was set up by color and I have to say it was spectacular...one of my favorites at the show. Lots of "eye candy".


There were buttons, ribbons, lace, trims, and, well, just all kinds of great notions...all arranged by color!



I was so intrigued by the booth and with taking photos of it all, that I didn't even think about buying anything! :)


I loved these (in the photo below)! I'm not sure what to call them. There were smaller ones on the other side of this table that were pendants but these were too large for that. Maybe door knob hangers, or just hangers to hang anywhere, for any reason! They contained old pattern pictures, postcards, bits of lace, or really, just about anything you can think of.



And, Laura Murray's booth was wonderful too, if you are interested in making artistic garments. And, what a nice person she is! I purchased four patterns from her and I'm hoping to find the time to actually sew the garments. :)) The samples she made were incredible.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want Nifty Thrifty to come to the International Quilt Fest in Santa Clara County in Oct so "I" can see all her pretty goodies!!

Judy Rys said...

The Nifty Thrifty booth is so fun and colorful. Love their ribbons. I believe they go to PIQF every year.