Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a wonderful idea! I just found this pattern for a hospital gown, in either adult or children's sizes, at Lazy Girl's blog. It is downloadable and prints out on 10 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of paper. Can you imagine all the gorgeous and colorful hospitals gowns that are waiting to be made? Seriously, having been in the hospital recently, I can tell you how much it would brighten someone's day to actually have a PRETTY hospital gown!

How about this fabric called Urban Garden?


or this one....Memories by Art Quilt Gallery...


or this more subtle one by Girlfriends, Meagan in Seafoam...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Quilternity!

Thank you for letting your readers know about our free hospital gown patterns. It’s a very dear project to me and I appreciate your help in making people aware that it is available.

When making a gown for a loved one, consider making a simple shawl or wrap as a simple cover-up, or a lap sized throw when extra warmth is needed.

My best,
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog

imquilternity said...

My pleasure...it's such a simple and thoughtful idea!